Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Intentions

New Year New Intentions set.
I don't know about you all, but I chose to let the New Year represent for me a cleansing of the past and putting my intentions into the present.
I sat by a Lovely Fire New Years Eve with a couple of friends and doggies and enjoyed the moment. Taking in the cooler weather and the evening skies, as well as realizing that truly this is just another day. It is what I make it. Or the preception I put into my day, or dayz.
I chose to not do the ritiual burning of what I want to let go off. Since I felt and believe that I had already made peace with the past year. I started a intention list few months ago and read through it every so often. So I had started on that before the Holiday. So for my family it was a celebration of the past year and enjoying the present moment. And truly that is more of what I chose to manifest anyway! It was a great start into the "new year"!
I feel very blessed with my life, friends, and family.
I also realize the ebb and flow of life, more then ever and I am embracing those moments, and not holding on to them for dear life. I see them now as moments, that pass, happiness passes, sadness passes, it all passes and the less attachment I have the more peace I live in. Living out the Dharma in my daily life. Shin Buddhism is that for me. Taking it to the streets of my life! :)
I seem to be coming into a place in my life where I am able to chop that wood carry water, ENLIGHTENMENT don't know what it means (Van Morrision song) that I relate to so well at this moment.
Doing what needs to be done and being mindful of the moment to moment living..
Or at least at best working toward that intention!
Blissings
Shanti

No comments: